I’m not behind!!! Very exciting for me to not be behind schedule, but to actually be keeping up. Of course, it was pretty easy for this first week since it just involved cutting each strip of the jelly roll into 10 pieces.
The thing that took the most time was deciding what to use for fabrics. I decided not to do the bigger quilt and not to use the Fandango JR. Those are almost gone in my shop, so I thought I should leave the last one for a customer. So I used Spirit by Lila Tueller which I really love, too. I love that the little bumble bee made it into one of the strips–he should stay mostly out of the seam allowance, too.
However, I didn’t like the pink fabrics in the mix, so I took those 12 strips out. I replaced them with 3 Kona solids–4 strips of Melon, 3 Bahama and 3 Buttercup. The Melon is the best match (and I have a lot in my stash because I love that color). The others are a little brighter than I was thinking I’d do, but I think they will work. I also made two strips from Panache (main print) in each colorway. I think that I will be very happy with these colors!
Hopefully I will be able to keep up next week. I’m sure it won’t be quite as quick, but I’ll have more time that week. It’s my birthday next week, and I think I will take a chunk of time to sew and not even feel guilty about not getting work done instead!